The Village Hall
Warehorne Village Hall
The village hall is situated on the left-hand side of Church Lane as you enter Warehorne from the B2067, and provides a warm welcome to its hirers and users and is well equipped to meet the needs of the current community - hopefully for a long time to come.
Regular users of the hall include:
- Parish Council
- Jump Kent
- Yoga/Mindfulness classes
- Village parties and meals such as the monthly brunch
A Brief History
The hall started life as a Young Man's Christian Association (YMCA) hut on the Romney Marsh in Lydd, it was dismantled and re-erected in Warehorne soon after the First World War (1914-1918).
It was initially used as a 'Red Triangle Club' for the benefit of Warehorne residents. The 'red triangle' was part of the YMCA logo and the hall's use, at this stage, was still controlled by the YMCA.
On 1st September 1949 the YMCA officially handed over the hall to the village through a Deed of Gift which transferred ownership and administration over to a Warehorne Village Hut Committee, and in June 1962 it was registered as a Charity.
Through fundraising, grants, and the support of the community many improvements have been made, including:
- Improved disabled access
- New toilet block including disabled access and baby changing facilities
- Kitchen refurbishment and new equipment
- Hall refurbishment, including double glazing, new heating system
- Loft and additional wall insulation
- Replacement of external asbestos sheeting with new cladding
- Brick external skirt to protect the underside of the building
- New internal furnishing and external storage
- Purchase of marquee and event staging for external events